Joining AC&NC's product line of storage-related products, JetStor RAID Array
adds new high-performance RAID controller as well as functional
The JetStor RAID array is based on the new four channel
UltraSCSI RAID controller. The JetStor RAID array provides
excellent performance through the use of an UltraSCSI host and disk
interfaces, and is operating system and platform independent.
UltraSCSI provides a burst transfer rate of up to 40MB/sec for
Ultra-Wide and 20MB/sec for Ultra-Narrow. The higher performance
of UltraSCSI can be a benefit to overall I/O performance, particularly
for large block transfers.
- Each JetStor RAID supports up to seven full-height 3.5" disk
drives in hot-swappable canisters.
- Low service and integration costs are assured by the JetStor's
cableless design, two redundant hot-swappable power supplies, five
cooling fans, and embedded RAID controller.
- As an option, an Uninterruptable Power Supply can be integrated inside
the main enclosure.
- Dual host connection can support two hosts simultaneously
- Up to seven low-profile or full-height Fast or Fast/Wide 3.5" SCSI
- RAID controller provides RAID 0, 1, 3, and 5, Global Hot Spare Disk,
Auto Rebuild, and up to 256 MB of SIMM-based data cache
- Intelligent SCSI back plane design (uses no cables) allows "hot
swapping" of disk canisters, power supplies, and fans for increased
reliability, lower cost and ease of maintenance
- Fault notification to fax or pager
- Completely user configurable via the front panel
- Drive capacities of 4.3GB (7,200 / 10,000 rpm), 9.1GB (7,200 /
10,000 rpm) or 18GB (7,200 rpm)
- Maximum capacity 126GB when using 18GB drives.