The Third World War will be an information war
by Niall McKay
- Military hackers to wage bloodless Blitzkrieg on Internet.
GTE, Sun team to target telecommunications
by Rebecca Sykes
- Two to work together to sell GTE telecom management software.
PGP creator plans to encrypt hard disks, video, fax.
by Elinor Mills
- Zimmerman's PGP Inc. acquires marketer of PGP software.
Sun and NIC collaborate on intranet security
by Elinor Mills and Niall McKay
- Combined products will let system integrators build
by Carolyn W.C. Wong
- Readers' opinions on Solaris tools and application availability,
CDE, Wabi, and more.
CIA worried about attacks on networks
by Elinor Mills
- A new center at the NSA may be formed.
Inet '96: Address sales scheme in the works
by Rob Guth
- IETF will create market for buying and selling of Internet addresses.
9,272 domain names disappear from 'Net
by Kristi Essick
- SAIC Network Solutions dumps delinquent URLs.
Lotus' Web strategy
by Sari Kalin
- Company sees Domino II as broadening Note's reach.
- If it runs on, plugs into, or talks to
Sun/SPARC/Solaris, it's here, in the industry's
most comprehensive and timely new-product listing.
Have VLANs progressed?
by Frank Henderson and Dave Koehler
- Lack of standards and network management still problematic.
Anatomy of the Network Computer
by George Lawton
- Vendors pitch it as both an inexpensive Internet access device
for consumers and a serious desktop productivity terminal
for intranet use.
Performance analysis of client/server applications
by Uday O. Pabrai
- A step-by-step guide to troubleshoot application response problems
on Unix-based systems.
Sun Microelectronics: Creating a new era
by George Lawton
- Sun planet will grow microprocessor market with Java chips.
The SeOS security blanket
by Peter Galvin
- This product filters device & file access system calls and
scrutinizes them for malicious behavior.
An automounter and NFS potpourri
by Hal Stern.
- A third installment of automounter secrets
- Performance Q&A:
How can I optimize my programs for UltraSPARC?
by Adrian Cockcroft.
- Optimizing C and FORTRAN programs for UltraSPARC is easy, but
do you have to?
What the intranet really means
by Rawn Shah.
- A new label for not-so-new hardware and software options
Borland takes the high road
by Bill Rosenblatt.
- What Borland's acquisition of Open Environment really means
Get your act together
by Harris Kern and Randy Johnson.
- Sell your users an Internal Support Agreement, but get your IT
house in order first
Dealing with non-technical headhunters
by Edgar Saadi.
- The rush to find Java programmers and Webmasters brings out
Securing your Web server, Part 2
by Chuck Musciano.
- How to fine tune access to each directory on your server
by Rinaldo DiGiorgio.
- Visit our sister publication JavaWorld to learn
everything you wanted to know about Java but were afraid to ask.
SunWorld Online is published by Web
Publishing Inc., an IDG Communications company, independently of Sun
Microsystems Inc., which is not responsible for its contents. The
opinions expressed in SunWorld Online are those of the authors
or the publisher, WPI/IDG, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions
of its advertisers, or of Sun Microsystems, Inc. or its
If you have general comments about SunWorld Online, contact
If you have problems with this magazine, contact
To reach Sun Microsystems directly, contact
Last updated: 1 July 1996